What is an Animated GIF and How to make an Animated GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), we will cover all that in this post.
What is an Animated GIF
A type of GIF image that can be animated by combining and placing several images into a single GIF file. Unlike other animation formats, Gif animation doesn’t give the same level of manipulation and flexibility as other animation formats, but it became extremely popular because it is supported by nearly all Web browsers. In addition, animated GIF files used to be quite a bit smaller that other animation files, such as web applets.
How to Make an Animated GIF
We will see two ways to make an animated GIF image, first we will see a method in which we will use a website to make an animated GIF, then we will use Adobe Photoshop CS6 to make an animated GIF and get more control over what we get.
Website to Make an Animated GIF
There are several websites which allows you to make an animated GIF, like makeagif, picasion, imgflip, gifninja, each of the above gives you the power to make an animated GIF, but we will recommend gifninja for the purpose. Process is pretty much simple and self-explanatory, once you get on the website, just upload your multiple images to make you animated GIF. One more thing gifninja allows you to make animated GIF out of your video if its size is less than 20MB, it will select some random images from the video and provide with an decent animated gif.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 to make an Animated GIF
You can make your unique animated GIF in Adobe Photoshop by following the steps below.
1. Open the first image you want to include in your animated Gif.
2. Look for the timeline menu on the lower left of your Photoshop window, if you don’t see it just go to windows menu in the top menu bar and check mark the timeline, it will then appear.
3. you will see that your image will automatically there in your timeline.
5. Select your second frame and import your second image and you will see the second frame will be changed to your imported image.
6. you are almost done, now you can configure the settings as you wish, like you can change the time of your animation and you can also add a transition effect in your animated GIF image by using the tweens animation frames button below your frames in timeline.
7. Last thing, save the image by going to file and selecting save for web, leave to defaults and press save and you are done.
I have also created a video on how to make an animated gif to further help you
Resources And Useful Links
It was that easy, to make an animated GIF. Now you can use your animated GIF anywhere on the web, but a smart choice is to use them in your Facebook page, if you don’t know, How to use animated GIF in your Facebook page then don’t worry its easy.