Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, is the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet. Jelly Bean improves on the simplicity and beauty of Android 4.0, and introduces a new Google search experience on Android.
Considered as one of the best single-core Android phones, the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 has been fed an Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM, ported from build JRO03H of Android 4.1 for the Galaxy Nexus. Thanks to the efforts of XDA Developers member iall5star for bringing this amazing ROM to the Galaxy S.
Running this ROM on our phones would mean getting Jelly Bean features like advanced performance, smoother interface, voice recognition, search functionality, and many more
According to the dev, the ROM is stable enough for daily use, even in its current development stage (beta 8). Though, it might still have some bugs or issues. Nevertheless, developers are working on improving the ROM more to eliminate the current bugs.
If you want to try this ported ROM, read on to learn how to upgrade the Galaxy S I9000 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via a ported stock official ROM.
If you have installed ice cream sandwich on your galaxy S1 before then this is just a piece of cake for you if you haven’t check that out here it is: How to Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on Galaxy S-i9000
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 running either stock XXJVU firmware or an ICS-based custom ROM and with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
For help, check out our guide on how to root and flash ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy S I9000 running XXJVU firmware(step 1).
- Download this given commended builds of the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy S:
With /datadata; full wipe —[JRO03H]_OFICIAL_ANDROID_4.1.1_B8_(DATADATA).zip (This is a ported stock official ROM)
- Backup your phone’s EFS folder/directory.
- Copy the ROM file to your phone’s internal SD card. Do not extract the ZIP file.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S.
- Boot your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons until recovery boots.
- NOTE: Once in recovery, you can use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select an option.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Select Yes to confirm the wipe. Wait until the data wipe is completed.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Install ZIP From SD Card then select Choose ZIP From SD Card. Locate the ROM file and select it. Confirm the action on the next screen to flash the ROM.
- Once the installation is completed, select Go back and select Reboot system now to boot your phone to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Next thing you will know! Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is now running on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000. You may now enjoy the smoother interface and all other Jelly Bean features that this ROM brings you.
And here is a really helpful video demonstrating all this process!